On Friday 23 November 2012 09:31:27 Mark Wendt did opine:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Well, based on the theory that he doesn't run the clock while you are
> > fishing, I should be several years ahead, because I've sure done a lot
> > of it.  A decade in the Black Hills, and 2 on the San Juan River in
> > NM.  Yeah, that river.  The place the outdoor raqs talk about in the
> > middle of their orgasms, yup, I've fished it, its about an hour
> > upstream from Farmington, that 3 or 4 miles below the Navajo Dam.
> > Both places are paradise for a fisherman.  Here in WV, not so much,
> > the water is too warm for trout & walleyes.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Well, I certainly hope that theory works...  ;-)
>
> You do have some pretty nice tailwaters in WV for trouties though.
> Bass fishing, according to a buddy of mine what lives somewhere in WV
> is pretty decent.
>
> Mark

I grew up, fishing wise, in the black hills.  Thats trout country, with an
occasional sucker thrown in.  Or we could drive down past Hot Springs to a
C.O.E. lake southwest of there about 20 miles that had 2 foot long walleyes
in it that were seriously great eating.  But the C.O.E. golden eagle pass
was $50/yr $12/day back in the '60's.  That upset me cuz my tax money built
that lake.

Cheers, Gene
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
                -- Mark Twain