On Saturday 24 November 2012 20:39:45 jeremy youngs did opine:

> well gene i agree the mopar sensor is junk but these are 19 bucks like i
> said :)
> http://compare.ebay.com/like/181031267122?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItem
> Types&var=sbar

So mopar is as usual, ripping people off.  And have been doing it since the
K car days, if not before.

I personally decided it was time I got the hell out of the mopar business,
even if Mitsubishi was actually making it when a fuel filter, hidden inside
the right side frame rail under the passengers seat, cost me $513.67 to get
it replaced.  The local dealer had already sealed his fate the 2nd time I
took it in for what should have been a $50 repair max, a noisy fan belt
tensioner that needed a new bearing, and when they were done it needed
$3000 worth of work in the body shop.  Claimed it was that way (a passenger
door everything but ripped out by the roots) when I brought it in.  I guess
that extra $450 was retribution for getting it to limp into their shop lot,
but before I gave them the keys the last time, I went around it with my
camera, taking pix from both sides & all 4 corners showing that there was
no body damage.  And they saw me doing it.  Bastards.  With it running, and
even the dashboard was temporarily working, I right quick changed the
paint, and vin, but that was a short experiment.  That v-dub Jetta was the
most expensive to fix, paranoid car I ever owned, so now there has been a
Toy Rav-4 in the drive for about 3 years.  Stick the key in the switch and
drive it.  Gas it when its empty, and change the oil at 5k intervals.
Whats not to like?

And now we are for sure off topic.

Cheers, Gene
Your sister swims out to meet troop ships.