On Tuesday 08 January 2013 14:42:03 Ralph Stirling did opine:
Message additions Copyright Tuesday 08 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> I would fear that with only 200kHz analog bandwidth
> your scope would filter out much of the noise you
> are trying to see.  Something like:
>
> http://www.saelig.com/PSBE1002/PSPC017.htm
>
> would be well worth the extra money.
>
> -- Ralph

Absolutely Ralph, thanks for that link, I may retire my 20 year old Hitachi
yet.  Decently high quality stuff, with one heck of a price/performance
ratio.  With a free carry case & shipping, if I didn't already have the
Hitachi 1065, I'd be on the phone right now, card in hand.  One thing I
didn't see was its power supply isolation, which around this sort of stuff,
can if suitably isolated, let you look at stuff you'll need lineman's
rubber gloves to adjust its knobs safely.  Been there, done that, saved me
buckets of time proving a power tetrode in an old GE transmitter was past
its use by date by years despite reasonable meter readings from it.

Cheers, Gene
My views
Women are always anxious to urge bachelors to matrimony; is it from
charity,
or revenge?
                -- Gustave Vapereau
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...