2013/1/8 Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com>:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2013, Viesturs L?cis wrote:
>>
>> Should I get a ring for each lead or should I use all 4 leads of each
>> motor on one ferrite ring?
>> And is it enough to simply run them through the center or should I
>> wrap it around at least once (put through center, wrap around and once
>> again through center in the same direction as first time)?
>
> You should put the U/V/W wires (not the ground) from one channel all through
> one ring (this is what called a common mode choke it has 0 net current flow so
> does not saturate from the motor current)
>
> The point of this is to add some series impedance to the (very stiff) 28V
> square wave driving into the cable and motor stator winding/frame
> capacitance. This limits the amplitude of the current spikes created by
> driving into this capacitance.

Thanks for the explanation! So is it enough just to put it through
once or should I wrap at least once around the ferrite?

Since previous replies have got me into considering of replacement of
motor wires to something with a shield, I have a question - what would
be minimum recommended wire lead "thickness" (I mean the area in mm^2)
for 7i39 drive?

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.