On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:56:16 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>--- On Wed, 4/10/13, Tomaz T. <tomaz_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What do you think about this guys,
>> and their approach to high speed machining:
>> http://youtu.be/w7B8C9Rv-eo?t=23s
>>
>> Their machines are sure capable of really high
>> accelerations, but there is probably done something also on
>> controllers side (approximations of path)?
>
>Probably pre-scans the tool path, finds places where arcs and lines are really
>close to but not quite tangent, says "Hey, these are really close!" and adjust
>for it so it can go right through the "bump" as if it's not there.

Isn't that what G64 is supposed to do?

>From the docs

G64 - without P means to keep the best speed possible, no matter how far
away from the programmed point you end up

Clearly it's not doing that.

You can see from the video that my router is capable of doing those
transitions at only 0.1mm deviation without slowing. Looks like it is
not deviating on arc/line transitions in LinuxCNC?

Steve Blackmore