2013/4/21 Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at>

> Am 21.04.2013 um 17:19 schrieb Andrew <parallel.kinemat...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Michael, Kent, thanks for your help!
> > It's a pity that I'm not quite a Linux guy. But when the black BeagleBone
> > appears I'll hopefully try to figure it out.
>
> We'll have a ready-to-go SD card image with xenomai, all prerequisite
> packages and linuxcnc installed in a week or two; that will include
> Charles' PRU stepgen and Sergey's/GP Orcullo's emcweb, and should reduce
> the guru requirements to get things going

That is absolutely great!

most of the work on that platform concentrated on steppers so far because
> being on the low end this looked like the likely use case

Sure, this is one point. And another point is low latency (you say 200kHz
step rate) could help increase servo frequency to say 10KHz. Or ARM CPU is
not enough for that servo frequency? Though, 4-core 2GHz ARMs already
released...

> "DAC" really boils down to PWM output

Sure, PWM output just needs a simple +-10V converter.

again the linuxcnc stock components like pwmgen are included, and for servo
> their speed should be sufficient
>
> Again, how do you estimate max servo frequency for ARM platform, precisely
BeagleBone? And what if some weird kinematics like Stewart platform should
be computed?

Andrew