On 4/22/2013 10:47 AM, Michael Haberler wrote:
> just noted the Black BeagleBoard (sequel to the original) is becoming
> available with a RSP of $45
>
> main differences to original BeagleBoard:
>
> - 512MB vs 256MB main memory
> - on-board HDMI - no cape required
> - on-board 2GB flash
> - the '3D graphics accelerator' suggests there is hope for OpenGL-based GUI's
> which are real lamers on the  original BeagleBoard - modulo driver support;
> we'll see

Funny, I just got my heads-up message from Newark (the USA partner in
element 14).

More main memory is nice but I particularly like the addition of
on-board flash memory.

All the fancy-schmanzy video stuff is interesting but probably more
appealing to others who demand an all-in-one solution (I like headless
operation using some other el-cheapo SoC as an X-terminal; the total is
less than the price of a mini-ITX solution).

Party on...

Regards,
Kent