Kent A. Reed wrote:
>  I wonder if the built-in flash memory of the new
> BeagleBone Black can have this problem too? That would be a nasty surprise.

Yeah, this really made my ears perk up, too, with all the talk about
failed SD cards.  If these on-board memories suffer the same problem,
they have a BIG disaster looming!  But, if you only use the on-board
memory for the boot directory, and have the Linux / directory on
an external SD card, then there probably is no problem, especially
if you can prevent all writes to the internal memory.  if it is never
written, it will never have to invoke the wear-leveling, which is
at least thought to be related to the failures.

Jon