On 12/09/13 08:40, Chris Radek wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 11:21:19AM -0600, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>
>> Also, the math only
>> needs to happen on the endpoints, not every mS as the machine is moving
>> along the commanded path.
>
> This is only true in a very limited situation: if you expect the
> table to be planar (what if it's a hemisphere?), and you avoid arcs
> completely.

Good point about the arcs, I'd overlooked that.  Not that any slicing
software generates arcs today, but I'm hoping to actually use arcs or
nurbs at some point, which does push the coordinate transform to the
real-time thread in one way or another (either in motion or in the
kinematics module).

--
Charles