On 12/9/2013 7:40 AM, Chris Radek wrote:

> In the general case of compensating for a non-square non-orthogonal
> machine (whose geometry changes randomly from one day to the next?)
> and running fully-featured gcode, it's inadequate, and a full kins
> solution that runs at every servo cycle is more like the answer, but
> you still have such a rabbit-hole.

If anyone tells you they're thinking of building the Prusa Mendel
design, gently advise them it's a huge POS of a design. Sure it's
relatively inexpensive but there are many far better and easier to
assemble designs that have been made since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuUqd9ldUU

I'm mentally working on a design built from 40/40 extrusion, connected
with both the end to side fittings and inside corner brackets at every
joint.