On 1/26/2014 9:05 AM, Chris Morley wrote:

>> I know charles is wanting a 3d printer gui,but i would like to alter it
>> for milling etc,so it should be easy to remove the extra 3d printer
>> stuff like heated beds etc.
>
> Since it is so easy to create skins for Gscreen I would create one
> specifically
> for 3d printers, the Gaxis  skin is just an easy starting point for testing /
> basing.
> In fact Gaxis is for milling type machines right now. If you are ambitious
> you can
> create your very own skin using Gscreen - Norbert created Gmoccapy as a skin.

When I started with LinuxCNC on the BeagleBone I was very excited about
the ease of creating custom gscreen skins, but got discouraged by the
high CPU usage and the fact that the gscreen sim configurations I tried
were mostly broken on the BeagleBone.

With the CPU usage reduced dramatically and several examples working as
expected on the BeagleBone, this now looks like a good way to go.

...I'd still prefer someone more artistically inclined than myself
actually do the GUI design.  Otherwise you probably won't be able to
distinguish it from tkemc!  :)

If left to me, I'll probably wind up mostly copying one of the existing
serial control programs designed to talk to the AVR controllers (ie:
Pronterface, repetier host, etc).

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net