On 1/25/2014 2:20 PM, Chris Morley wrote:

> So I did check and yes the second screen seems to always be loaded.
> on my laptop, using gaxis as is , CPU usage was 20-24 %
> I removed the second screen then it was 12-20%
> I removed the second screen and the live plot  it was 0-4% (mostly 0)
>
> I will need to push a proper fix for the second screen loading.
> I could add a sample Gaxis without a liveplot if you are interested.
> (please look at Gaxis to see if it close to what you like - it's AXIS like)

This is very encouraging!  I'd love a custom 3D printer GUI that
consumed less than 10% or so CPU.  Bonus points if it works on a screen
that has less than 1000 pixels in one or both dimensions!

The existing 3D backplot consumes way too many cycles to be enabled for
now, but I'm hopeful that either GPU acceleration will become available
and solve the issue, or a simple 2D graph of the current layer might be
possible.  Until then, having a simple DRO is much preferred to
consuming a huge chunk of CPU for the existing backplot.

Does anyone want to work on a 3D printer oriented custom gscreen
interface?  I am definitely *NOT* a GUI interface guy...if it isn't
hardware or assembly language, I should stay far away!*

(*) Any rumors that I actually wrote some python code should be ignored
as feeble attempts at vilification by my enemies!  :)

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net