On 1/26/2014 11:52 AM, Andrew wrote:
> 2014-01-26 Andrew <pkm...@gmail.com>
>
>> I recently upgraded to Machinekit 12-28 and installed ubc3-joints_axes4.
>> The very first start of hexapod config caused severe crash. I moved joints
>> then switched to world mode and back, moved some joint again and in just
>> could not stop. LCNC froze, then the screen went black. I had to reset the
>> power.
>> I have to check my PSU but I don't expect it to solve a problem.
>
> I replaced the PSU and tried again. The same problem. Jerky moves in joint
> or world mode then "14: Unexpected realtime delay on RT thread 1". The next
> joint move just did not stop, I saw "EMCMOT did not respond" (or something)
> and the BBB froze to a blank screen.
> Now the whole thing is just not usable.

The combined ubc3-joints_axes4 branch is relatively untested.  Can you
try using the latest ubc3 branch and see if it behaves any better?

If things don't work better with UBC3, you may be running out of
resources.  If you're using axis, please switch to the DRO tab
immediately after power-on, and do not go back to the gremlin back-plot
display.  You might also try dramatically lowering the thread rate to
see if that's the problem.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net