On 01/27/2014 08:06 AM, John Prentice (FS) wrote:
> The Contour product is of course aimed at video editing but does CNC very
> well as it is practically impossible to accidentally move the machine.
> Joysticks are a bit too easy to knock for my liking.

Well, I made a jog pendant with an MPG encoder, and I'm
quite happy with it.  I like the fact I can move an exact
amount without looking at the screen.  When cleaning up
a surface or edge, I can move, say, .010" by turning the
encoder ten clicks, without looking at the dial or the screen,
just keeping my eye on the workpiece.  I have a button
in series with the common terminal of the axis selector
knob, so that the MPG is ignored except when the button
is pushed.

Jon