On 04/18/2014 09:48 AM, Kirk Wallace wrote:

> While we are at it. I need to cut these down to make battery chargers
> for my tractors.
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/200834656851
>
> Just picking them up can break these, let alone trying to cut them. Has
> anyone found a way to cut these? Laser cutting is probably the best
> method, but of course the cost of a laser cutter is to high.

A diamond wafer saw does a nice job.  They go on the surplus
market for less than US $100K.  70K rpm, air bearings.
I have no idea what the saw blades cost, but probably expensive.
They can cut a .007" kerf.

I have no idea if there is any other technology that works.
Certainly
not for the hobbyist.

Jon