You guys piqued my curiosity so I googled and found this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6AAHEpL2Y Looks like it is doable with enough
care.

   How to cut solar cells
View on www.youtube.com Preview by Yahoo

"Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is
either a madman or an economist."
        -Kenneth Boulding, economist
“How unfortunate that the Earth’s first intelligent social animal is a tribal
carnivore”
    -E.O. Wilson, sociobiologist