On Friday 11 July 2014 07:30:22 John Thornton did opine
And Gene did reply:
> So I just pulled the new_pncconf branch then switched to that branch
> with git.
>
> In the terminal I typed
> cd src
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
I had to install missing pkgs
> make
Had to use sudo for make, mc is bad dog
> sudo make setuid
> cd ..
> . ./scripts/rip-environment
> pncconf
>
> and walla the new Pncconf is up and running.
>
> JT

Got it running, fires up MUCH faster, but still won't let me assign the IO
pins I need.  I'd have to rip up all the IO on my C1G & rewire the whole
maryann.

So I restarted it, enabled 4 stepgens, 2 spindle pwm's, and 2 spindle
encoders so I could get an idea of what I'd need to rewire, but the test
button does nothing. When I got to the pin page, no choices, just ins or
outs. I muddled thru the rest of it and saved it, but no clue where it
saved it.

So I haven't really learned anything. I am assuming that asking for 4
stepgens, 2 pwms, and 2 encoders, that it would assign then evenly between
p3 and p2.  To play with it, I'll need to get another bob, plug it in and
see what comes out (or in) where.  Frankly, lack of documentation on this
sux.  So I guess I wait on Chris, maybe he can wave a dead chicken and do
a chant or 3 & make it work.