On Friday 11 July 2014 15:04:08 Peter C. Wallace did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:57:32 -0400
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com>
> >
> >     <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> >
> > To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Where to get latest PncConf?
> >
> > On Friday 11 July 2014 14:45:45 Peter C. Wallace did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:

> >> Probably not, one of the existing pinouts should be close wo what
> >> you need (thats a good reason to read the .pin files that come with
> >> the 5i25.zip file)
> >>
> >> If no existing pinout is close enough its easy enough for me to make
> >> a custom one  (only a few minutes)

> >> It surely will not match a parallel port hal file
> >> the stepgen and PWM numbers can be made to match however
> >
> > I could not select a different pwmgen pin, and no stepgen dir outputs
> > were shown when I did select one.  All sorts of BLDC stuffs yes, but
> > not stepgens.
>
> You will not be able to change PWM pins as this is determined by the
> FPGA configuration (or what pncconf thinks the FPGA configuration is),
> What I menat is that I can easily change the FPGA pinout and where PWM
> outputs are for example, but unless your current FPGA config is one
> that supported by pncconf you will have issues
>
> Why not just start with an example hal file like hm2-stepper.hal?

That will teach me the syntax.

Back to pinouts, I got mesaflash to read it, and I find that what I have
wired at the BOB up is amazingly close.  If I can disable stepgens 4-7,
and move the encoder feedback by one pin down on Phase A, 12 to 11, and
Phase B from pin 15 to 12, that should take care of the encoder.

The motors run, but backwards, slow (99mm/minute) and call a surveyor for
accels.  I suspect because I set mm in this, but the ini is in inches for
those vars.

And they stop (no errors reported) for what should be a continuous jog
after 3 or 5 seconds, needing a release and fresh push on the arrow keys.

I need to hit pin 17 with a spindle enable, lack of that keeps the spindle
quiet atm.  So obviously that needs to be an inverted out, this BOB
doesn't take an in on pin 17.

Getting rid of the last 2 stepgens on P3, gives me enough pins to do the
rest in hal (I think)

I've no idea how pwm knows a reverse, (look at the hal) what I do in hal
is 100% fwd via some abs modules, and the reverse is done entirely in
relays as its a single quadrant driver.  IT cannot go straight from fwd to
reverse, so I have to manufacture a stop when the fwd/rev line changes
state.  Part of the reason my hal file is very close to 300 LOC.

If the pwm "dir" on pin 16 can be free'd up, leaving that pin for my hal
to handle, then my hal's chicken waving can do it in the proper sequence
to make the G33.1 work.

Home & probe are input on pin 10 inverted, currently free.

Some limited progress at understanding, no edits have been made, yet.

Thanks for your patience Peter.