Hi Gene!

On 12.07.2014 04:12, Gene Heskett wrote:
> And they stop (no errors reported) for what should be a continuous jog
> after 3 or 5 seconds, needing a release and fresh push on the arrow keys.

I know this effect, it happens when the machine is not homed. When you
jog in the unhomed state, the continuous jogging stops after travelling
the maximum distance as given by the min/max limits in the ini file.
Say, you have your axis (joint, actually) set to minimum 0mm and maximum
300mm, then jogging will stop after travelling 300mm in one run. You can
then press the key again to get some new 300mm of travel. If your scale
is incorrect, this can easily generate the effect you described, as the
machine then "thinks" that it's travelled the whole distance, while the
physical distance may be much shorter.

Best regards,
Philipp