You also forget to mention that to get the industrial version of mach4
you are going to pay $1000 -$2000.  (which isn't that much but a whole
lot more than zero...)

If you go for the 'hobby' version of mach4 you don't get the fanuc style
macroB language extensions.  So as I under stand it - you are stuck with
the mach3 style language that has no conditionals and such (ie -
linuxcnc before owords - which is what Art started with).  $200+ more if
you want the printer port module - otherwise you need to buy external
motion hardware.  (which is usually more than mesa, pico or other
linuxcnc supported hardware with less flexibility)

I still get a kick out of 'needing to be a programmer' to use
linuxcnc..   Mach4 is supposedly a lot more flexible to modify. Guess
what you have to use - lua - a microsoft programming language..  Before
that you had to use 'brains' which was some sort of vb like language..
I just don't understand..  I have setup many many machines without
having to do any 'programming' with linuxcnc.

Correct me if I am wrong..  (my rant must be on today)

sam