I just remembered that I had a detailed drawing of what I did. A
picture is worth a thousand words.  See attached.

This was a test fixture for a small PC board.  The main part of
the fixture was a board on the bottom, with short pins that
contacted the back of the board under test.  The pogo pins
are part of a separate assembly that goes over the top and
serves the dual purpose of pushing the UUT down onto the
lower pins and contacting a couple connectors on the top
of the UUT.  Not shown are pan-head screws that hold
the upper-most board to the male-female standoffs.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 04:42 PM, John Kasunich wrote:
> I'm not sure exactly what you are aiming for, but I did something a little
> while ago that I think is very similar.
>
> I got the sockets that the pins fit into.  They have a step in the outside
> diameter.  I laid out the upper board with holes that the entire socket
> fits thru, and the lower board with holes that only the lower part of the
> socket fits thru.  Mounted the boards to each other with spacers, etc.
> Then inserted the sockets from the top.  The socket goes in until the
> step hits the lower board.  Then I soldered to both boards and inserted
> the pogo pins into the sockets.
>
> Obviously that won't work if you need to separate the two boards.
>
> The pins I used are Mouser 855-P25-1223 (Harwin P25-1223)
> The sockets are Mouser 855-S25-512 (Harwin S25-512)
>
> Drawings for both are available at the Mouser website.
> http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/181/P25-XX23-350405.pdf
> http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/181/S25-XX2-351647.pdf
>
> Buying the probes from Mouser is quite a bit more expensive than
> from ebay.  It didn't matter in my case - it was for work and I only
> needed a modest number, a reliable source of supply was more
> important.
>
> But the Harwin probes are also 0.053 diameter - I think that is an
> industry standard.  You could probably use the Harwin/Mouser
> sockets with your ebay pins.  Or maybe find similar sockets on
> ebay?
>
>  On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>
>  wrote:
>
>  > I'm planning on using these pins: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141233257616
>  > which are .053" in dia. with 5mm and .150" pitch.
>  >
>  > I would like to connect to the pogos with a connector rather than
>  > soldering a wire. I would like the connector to be between two boards:
>  > http://wallacecompany.com/tmp/Screenshot_pogo1.png
>  >
>  > I recall some connectors used to connect board to board, where header
>  > pins from the bottom board pass through the bottom of the top board and
>  > into a connector on top. Does anyone have a link to such connectors?
>  >
>  > --
>
> --
>   John Kasunich