Pogo pins have been used for years in industrial thermal inkjet printers
to temporarily electrically connect the cartridge to the carrier. With
proper plating the connections can last for several years.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v1/1448873486/pin_connector_printer_cartridge_hp_carriage_assembly.jpg

http://bhavmark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/hp-catridge.jpg