On Thursday 16 October 2014 09:23:00 John Kasunich did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014, at 02:23 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > John, the connector on the DUT board, in red in that .pdf, a "molex"
> > part I have to assume although there are probably other makers, is,
> > if used for board interconnect in the real world, is a time bomb
> > with about a 1 year length fuse.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up, but I'm not using it to mount another board.
> It mates to a wire harness.
>
> The drawing I posted is just a test fixture for the board.  The UUT
> spends about 5 seconds in that arrangement.  Then it is mounted down
> and a wire harness plugs into the connector.

Whatever is plopped down on those style connectors still needs to have
those pressure causing retainer lips removed, that pressure that breaks
the trace off the board is relentless.  That relatively large pin and its
socket in the header, have more than enough grip to retain it on anything
but a mutant, bring down the walls at Jerico, paint shaker.  If thats the
environment, drill a hole for a tie-wrap to loop around it for a retainer.
Where they were used in that nearly 40yo HiGain 623, there was a slotted
micarta bar over the top of the daughter boards that would have withstood
that paint shaker. There were of coarse other things that would not have
survived, but that "card cage" without the actual cage would have.