Cleaning those strong magnets: I use Duct Tape for cleaning those strong
magnets.

You know the tape - tearable, silvery stuff that dries out if you use it to
tape over hot air ducts...

I use these magnets for all kinds of things - e.g. my large lathe has dial
indicators held on by magnets (via an intermediary bit of aluminium) and
they still work very well 15 years later... (I keep meaning to get a good
DRO for the lathe, but these dial indicators are just fine)

John