I assume these are those kinda crescent shaped ones.  I've used them for
holding metal in position when welding.  Did kill one of them by heating
it.  Forgot it was on the backside.

I have had some luck using non-ferrous metal wire brushes. I use brass,
but I assume SS might work, or even ferrous brushes, but I think they
might present problems when they get magnetized.

I'm able to get 99% of the swarf, but there's always a little patch of
"finer than sand" particles that I just push to the side I'm not
sticking to the metal.

Raymond Julian
Kettle River, MN

The things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty,
understanding and feeling are the concomitants of failure in our system.
And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness,
egotism and self-interest are the traits of success. And while men
admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.
-John Steinbeck, novelist, Nobel laureate (1902-1968)