On 24 Nov 2014, at 02:02, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:

> On 11/22/2014 12:49 PM, el cringo wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i just added pdfs for the current hw version. The eagle files are for
>> version 6.5.0. We once tried KiCad but we are a lot better with eagle.
>
> Thank you. I looked at your pdfs. I also installed the latest LinuxCNC (
> 2.6 with Wheezy) on a PC and loaded Eagle 7, so I can open Eagle files
> now. It took a while to figure out Git Hub (I normally use Bitbucket)
> and downloaded your files. There really isn't that much magic in the
> hardware, except maybe the current feedback/limit bit. It seems the
> magic is in the software. I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

There is no magic in the power stage, comes right from the iramx datasheet.
At the moment there is no current feedback to the MCU, only a hardware limit.
We give the motor a Voltage, which results in a current.
As we know how fast the motor is, we can compensate for induction.
The part that took us a while to figure out was the resolver driving hardware.
I took a lot of breadboarding and simulation in LTspice, which are included in
the git.
in fact we are still working on noise issues with resolver feedback.
The speed derived from the position amplifies the ADC noise, resulting in
jittering output.
It is not enough to move anything mechanical connected to the motor, but the
current makes an irritating noise.
A simple (software)lowpass is shifting the phase, resulting in oscillation.

Rene