On Wednesday 13 May 2015 19:03:52 jrmitchellj . wrote: > I don't allow any screen savers, blanking, or power management on my > Atom box. Until I did that it would crash randomly (very seldom). > Make sure all power management is disabled in the BIOS as wll (but I > think you know that) > > Ray > > --J. Ray Mitchell Jr. > [email protected] > (818)324-7573 > Its been so long since I have had any problems with it at all on that box that I don't recall if any of the stuff is enabled in the bios, but I don't recall that I left any of that stuff alive on my initial tour.
Point being that while I did run it this afternoon for a bit, mostly driving it manually while I bored and tapped the 4mm bolt holes for a miniature Browning taperlock, I did shut it down before I left half an hour ago, down in the 50's & my diabetic feet were yelping their last. I'd almost be it will not be crashed when amdump fires up in the wee hours. Tomorrow I rig the rotary table again, and see if I can saw the slits in the taperlock hubs tapered sleeve with a new mandrel and diamond saw from dremel in it. Spindle at 500 revs, feed rate about .0025" a minute so things don't get hot, starting with the diamonds. They go away in the heat, so keep 'em cool. I find the best results are when I can turn out the lights, shine an led flashlight so the beam is down and downwind, so you can watch the dust drift away. Because they are not always uniformly coated, if have had to do things like that in teeny pieces because the wheel cuts crooked, exactly as if one forgot to sharpen the other sides teeth on a chain saw. Screen blankers are a PITA, so where does one shut those off forever? Thanks J. Ray Cheers, Gene Heskett -- "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." -Ed Howdershelt (Author) Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight. http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y _______________________________________________ Emc-users mailing list [email protected] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
