On 05/14/2015 07:34 AM, Tom Easterday wrote:
>> On May 13, 2015, at 5:38 PM, Gene Heskett <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Am I the only one?
> A couple times now while working with an ATOM  machine running Wheezy and 
> 2.7~pre6 it just hung with the screen on.  I could move the mouse and the 
> cursor would move, but no response from anything menu to keyboard input.  I 
> didn’t have ssh enabled or would have logged on from elsewhere to see if I 
> could get in on the ethernet port and see what was going on.   I was hoping 
> it was just a freak occurrence but now wondering…
>
Whenever this happens, I try unplugging and replugging the 
keyboard or mouse (whichever is misbehaving).
Sometimes old PS/2 keyboards would just crash the micro, and 
a power cycle would bring them back.  ESD or EMI would 
sometimes crash the USB link between the KBD/mouse and the 
PC, so re-enumerating the device would sometimes clear 
that.  I have had more USB freezes than with PS/2 devices, 
and so try to avoid using USB HMI devices on the machine 
tools.  If the cursor moves with the mouse, the CPU is not 
dead, and is accepting interrupts.  So, it sounds like just 
the keyboard.

Jon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud 
Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications
Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights
Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to