On Thursday 14 May 2015 05:05:09 andy pugh wrote:
> On 14 May 2015 at 01:16, Gene Heskett <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Screen blankers are a PITA, so where does one shut those off
> > forever?
>
> I am tempted to say "you can't".
>
> Just about the only way that I have found is a shell script that execs
> "xset -dpms"

I can put that in a hourly cron script.  X historically has a poor memory 
about that setting.  Something like
33 * * * * * xset -dpms

Done.

> A screen blanker is especially annoying with a touch screen CNC
> machine. Pressing a random button on the  screen to wake it up is a
> special kind of dangerous.

It does seem to be a way to temp fate, thats for sure.

I have the other end of that problem on this machine, it forgets those 
settings so I have a script that refreshes the dpms stuff hourly here.  
That bug has been so long in X I can't recall when I didn't have that 
entry in my user crontab.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-- 
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud 
Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications
Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights
Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to