On Saturday 20 February 2016 11:33:13 Todd Zuercher wrote:

> A picture is worth a thousand words.
> Whiteside Tools part #1430 for an 1/8" radius (there is also a smaller
> 3/32") http://www.whitesiderouterbits.com/catalog.html#catimgs
> A good place to order thier tools is Carbide Processors.
> http://www.carbideprocessors.com/half-round-bit-for-1-4-material-1-2-s
>hank-whiteside-1430/

That could be ground down, leaving a fingernail when done, but that would
be at least $40 worth of dremels large diamond wheels worn out to do it,
or quite a bit off my green grinder stone. But the first thing I'd have
to do if fix my grinder, the foot is vibrating loose.  Either way raises
the cost quite a bit.

> If you were wanting something more like a half bull nose rather than a
> full (like the above). You might be out of luck in an off the shelf
> option.  But it might not be to hard to grind down a full round over
> bit to the shape you'd like.

Yes, that one would do, if the outside were ground down. I think I'll
pursue the other idea in the handbook pages as I would get a much
smoother cut with the higher edge velocity of the bigger wheel carrying
a single tooth.

Thanks Todd, for reminding me I could grind down a half round to get the
fingernail I need. That hadn't yet clicked in this old wet ram.  Darnit.