On 06/25/2017 02:55 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On 25 June 2017 at 00:20, dave <dengv...@charter.net> wrote:

can't quite figure out how I can be in the middle of the bed .... with a
small part and still
get limit violations

Is this actual limit-switch trips. or warnings that the G-code exceeds
machine limits?

The first is probably electrical noise. I seem to always end up with a
software low-pass on those signals, just because false-trips are so
annoying and a couple of mS delay in responding to a limit switch isn't
that critical.

If it is the second, then you might need to have a look at your coordinate
system offsets.
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CoordinateSystems#So_if_you_re_lost_what_should_you_do

.....warning: gcode exceeds machine limits. I classically set my limits at -.2 ..18, -.2, ..9 and 0 ... -3. Moving to -9 ... 9, -4 ... 4 for x and y and it still gave me the same error message. .... and yes I shutdown linuxcnc and restarted homing on the center of the bed.

I suspect that this is a thermal problem ... small fan blowing across the mb. Next step is to rig a so-called 'whisper' fan off an 11/40. Can you believe they have a 100,000 hrs on them.
Temp is 55 this morn so I'm blowing cool air into the shop. :-)

One issue at a time...

Tnx

Dave