On Sunday 27 May 2018 17:16:50 Gene Heskett wrote:

> Giveing up on the jig brace, I decided to make a wooden one as it
> doesn't have to last till the rapture. I laid out a circle, then
> contemplated how to draw this circle such that its position was offset
> half a mm for each time that it was drawn, until I got the proper
> depth of cut.
>
> Without doing the arcgenm18 routine in 50 pieces of code, I tried to
> make a sub routine out of it by manipulating the y offset, but whilew
> it moved, it didn't want to do it in a straight line up the y axis,
> but wandered off the the right and got smaller. I moved vars around,
> but that failed similarly. So I got this wild hair to move the
> co-ordinate, then I could re-use the same subroutine until I'd hit the
> offset I wanted. But I stopped it as it was starting the 2nd
> semi-circle, which means the y coordinate had been moved what I
> thought was half a mm.
>
> But on further study of the docs, neither G10 L2 or G10 L20 take
> anything but absolute values.
>
> So this means I have to get the current y coordinate from the memory
> for P1's map, add my small var, and rewrite y with a G10 L2 y new
> value.
>
> Except I moved it 40mm with the first command, and now it says the
> first mpve will exceed the y limits. Then I noticed the - sign was
> missing too for y.
>
> Is this a place where I have to g53 g0 x0 y0 z0
> and then rewrite the p1 map to all balls at that location? A shutdown,
> restart and rehome has not fixed it. Then reset y for each pass with
> G10 L2 P1 y[#5222 + 0.50000000] mm mode!
>
> And end the program with either a saved initial #5222, or another g53
> etc etc?

And I just found out why the corrections applied are so gross as to
disable lcnc. The value stored is in #5222(G54Y) is in inches, despite
its being in G21 mode. So I need to divide my var for increments by 25.4
to make it inches.  Sigh... Sure as hell there ought to be a way to walk
a D pattern in a while loop without unrolling it to a 50kb file.

Funny part is it looks great in the back plot.

Thanks