On 05/28/2018 03:47 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 27 May 2018 23:54:57 Gene Heskett wrote:

I forgot to mention that while all that was being worked out, I had to
re-boot again as it had become completely unresponsive.  And still not a
clue in the syslog.

After starting LinuxCNC up, but before it croaks, in a terminal window, do :
more /proc/meminfo

Check the line that says MemFree:

If it is a small percentage of total memory, that could be the problem. You really always want to have at least a couple hundred MB free.

Jon