On Monday 28 May 2018 15:12:46 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 05/28/2018 03:47 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 May 2018 23:54:57 Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > I forgot to mention that while all that was being worked out, I had
> > to re-boot again as it had become completely unresponsive.  And
> > still not a clue in the syslog.
>
> After starting LinuxCNC up, but before it croaks, in a
> terminal window, do :
> more /proc/meminfo
>
> Check the line that says MemFree:
>
> If it is a small percentage of total memory, that could be
> the problem.  You really always want to have at least a
> couple hundred MB free.
>
> Jon

gene@GO704:~$ sudo cat /proc/meminfo
[sudo] password for gene:
MemTotal:        2059220 kB
MemFree:         1424600 kB
Buffers:           44556 kB
Cached:           372816 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
yadda yadda . . . . .

No probs there Jon.

Now I have another problem, despite all the Z values in the code being
quite middle of the range, it won't run claiming Z max is beyond the max
limit. But if I (debug,first var in program) its not been inited, so I
gave up, put a thumb on thr esc button and and clicked on run, run
anyway. But apparently I need to convert the result of the first g38.2
differently, a 1mm up move went about .2mm into the contact target
because the equ in metric of the #5223 capture is over 5mm below the
target contact, so that calculation puts it about 4.5 mm below the
contact, obviously wrecking it. And I'm burned out till I've had time to
think on it.

Me is beginning to think the code scanner is busted, as in with none of
the programs #<_vars> initialized, how the heck does it determine its
out of range when its not? Or is that the stock answer when it accesses
a named var and gets #.######## for an answer?

This is beginning to resemble fish in the fridge, or company, after 3
days, it should be thrown out. :) I can drive the machine by hand to do
all this, at 20x the time wasted.

I'm going to go see if Dee's toy will start, put it in the driveway if it
will, and see about some of this 18" grass. Way overdue for a john deer
haircut. Maybe this is a place to use a g92 z0?