On 05/28/2018 08:12 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 28 May 2018 15:12:46 Jon Elson wrote:

more /proc/meminfo

gene@GO704:~$ sudo cat /proc/meminfo
[sudo] password for gene:
MemTotal:        2059220 kB
MemFree:         1424600 kB
Buffers:           44556 kB
Cached:           372816 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
yadda yadda . . . . .

No probs there Jon.
Yup, 1.4 gig free OUGHT to be enough elbow room!

Now I have another problem, despite all the Z values in the code being
quite middle of the range, it won't run claiming Z max is beyond the max
limit. But if I (debug,first var in program) its not been inited, so I
gave up, put a thumb on thr esc button and and clicked on run, run
anyway. But apparently I need to convert the result of the first g38.2
differently, a 1mm up move went about .2mm into the contact target
because the equ in metric of the #5223 capture is over 5mm below the
target contact, so that calculation puts it about 4.5 mm below the
contact, obviously wrecking it. And I'm burned out till I've had time to
think on it.
Well, I'd check the G54 offsets to the machine coord system. I have a few times had them get crazy values in them, which would cause this message whenever you loaded a program or hit run. I forget the #5xxx parameter they are stored in, but I think you can look it up. You can either try zeroing them out or maybe just do another touchoff to set the offsets. And, of course, you need to have the machine homed before you load a G-code program, or you are likely to get these errors
all the time.

Jon