On Fri, 22 Feb 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 17:10:16 -0500
From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] head scratcher, updated

On Friday 22 February 2019 16:06:46 Przemek Klosowski wrote:

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 1:07 PM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
memtest86 still has me scratching my head. If its so badly broken,
then how in hell is it running lcnc without a hiccup while I go thru
the copies of the original .ini and .hal files, fixing the syntax
errors that changing the hardware its running on makes? Heck of a
good question that. With some luck and a bigger supply of giddyup I
might even have it rigged to drive some of the machine good enough
to carve its own back panel by the time the new memory gets here
late Monday.

Well, maybe it's the memtest installation that's broken---uninstall
and

reinstall? It' should rewrite the boot areas memtest uses, in case
they got corrupted

I gave that a fleeting thought, so fleeting I had  forgotten about it by
the time I'd refilled my coffee cup.

Now, for PCW;
I have it running an admittedly stripped to the bones config. Nothing is
actually hooked up to the machine. But I can home it w/o motion, and I
can jug the dros to the iii file set limits.
In my old hal file I had:
setp stepgen.0.min_limit [AXIS_X]MIN_LIMIT
I put that in the new file and its a no-no, pin
hm2_5i25.0.stepgen.0.0.min_limit does not exist. In fact no min or
max_limits show except as ini.data visible to a halmeter.  Yet the dro's
stop at the limits set in the ini file under [AXIS_(xyz)]MIN_LIMIT or
MAX_LIMIT.

I dont think there has ever been a stepgen limit
Is it possible you went a bit overboard with find+replace?

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics