Greetings all;

Having discovered the settings that control the low frequency boost in
this VFD, and having rigged a pretty dry misting arrangement, I figured
it was as good a time as any to cut the end panels of the box that has
the interface cards in it.  These panels are about .035" thick, and are
hard anodized which presents a challenge to most carbide tooling.  So I
set it up to do the connectors holes in one panel, and the db cutouts
for the computer cableds db 25's in the other panel. It did a beautiful
job on the 11 holes in the first panel, but swapping panels to cut the
db25 patterns was a disaster, the tool was obviously starting to plug
up.  So I wound up with ragged holes with lots of metal thrown up that I
had to sharpen up my pocket knife and clean up. Didn't break the tool
but probably pushed my luck on that point.  Used about 4 oz of kool mist
for the whole job, so it was wet, but not really soaking the cherry
spoil board so bad I can't use it again after its dry.

This was an uncoated sc tool, 4mm in diameter, 3 flute with about a 45
degree up spiral. Speeds ranged from 6000 revs to 14000. Chips thrown
were almost dust and its obvious I need to put up some lexan splash
guards.

The fact that it plugged up tells me that kool mist is not the magic
bullet for this job. Safflower oil, which I used for one job years ago,
would be better, but the cleanup needs solvent, lots of it. On
everything it settles on. Including your lungs as I used more air
pressure and smaller orifices. Blame it on younger and dumber as I was
then in my mid-60's, 20 years ago?

Any suggestions as to what to concoct for misting fluid next time, that
would prevent the sticking and plugging up while doing such sheet alu
the next time? Or was the hard anodized brushed satin finish the real
killer?  Add some liquid dish soap to enhance its "sticky" maybe?  IDK.

Thanks everybody.