On Saturday 10 August 2019 01:21:39 andrew beck wrote:

> Thanks for the advice Chris.
>
> I think what I'm actually asking is how to connect up the classic
> ladder stuff to make the gui e stop and the external big red button
> work together.
>
> So that way the machine goes into estop mode if the computer discovers
> a fault and also if I push the E stop in.  I want something like Sam's
> big machine.  But am stuck with a couple of simple things I think.  It
> would be so nice if someone made a quick video for that.
>
> I have classic ladder working now but am struggling with how to
> interface with the Hal layer.  I understand a bit about Hal now but
> have some gaps in my understanding which are holding me up

See "man iocontrol", and "man motion". There you will find the names of
the hal "pins" you will need to "net" from the e-stop circuitry.
I would make a further recommendation that if axis drivers are disabled,
I'd put a 50 millisecond delay in the driver disable signal path to give
the rest of the machine time for motion to actively stop it, otherwise
it could coast and do even more damage.

 - Louis D. Brandeis