On Thursday 05 December 2019 06:05:12 Marius Alksnys wrote:

> Don't forget the simplest and most economic all-in-one solution like
> Mesa 7i96
> https://mesaus.com/product-category/ethernet-cards/

At $120, the last 45 being the ethernet socket, its still more than a
5i25 and a SainSmart Bob.  Not by much, add the 2nd BoB to the 5i25 and
its higher.

Can that work thru a switch and maintain some modicum of decent latentcy?
Since very few, and they are getting old, computers have 2 ethernet
ports, and I consider a net connection a pre-requisite if for no other
reason than keeping the machine up to date easy, I have tended to play a
Sam Eliot about ethernet cards. Hence the question of will it run thru a
switch so a local network can also work and still run the machine well?

Thanks for bringing it up Marius, I was not aware of that particular card
before.

 - Louis D. Brandeis