On Thursday 05 December 2019 16:51:09 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 16:14:57 -0500
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-users] parallel port picie cards
> >
> > On Thursday 05 December 2019 15:01:25 Bruce Layne wrote:
> >> I'd use a USB WiFi dongle for the software upgrades or any other
> >> internet access, and use the ethernet port to control the 7i96.
> >
> >That would work, except I've a neighbor that bought some sort of a
> >cracker for his phone that can deduce any passwd I set on my wifi's,
> >takes him about 30 seconds to crack the best phrase or a 4096 bit
> > key, then he uses 80 gigs a month of my bandwidth. The cap is much
> > higher than that, but it sure makes my network slow when hes hogging
> > all my bandwidth. So I put up with the cat6 all over the place and
> > the wifi is only turned on when my boys are visiting.
>
> You could use a USB-Ethernet dongle for normal internet connectivity,
> that's what I use on my test machines.

Suggestions for a good one to buy Peter?  The usb-wifi's I have bought
have generally been a waste of money. Too much neighborhood interference
I think. I've not scanned recently but found over a dozen usable signals
from the shop building in the upper rear corner of the back yard a year
or so back. Thats way too many in a 2.4 gig band.  Gotta be connection
killing interference.

Thanks Peter Wallace
> Mesa Electronics
>
> (\__/)
> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
> (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

 - Louis D. Brandeis