Must be some exploit in the WiFi router you have. If you're using the WiFi
built into the modem from your ISP, ask them if there is a firmware update they
can install or if they have a newer model.If not, then get a new WiFi router
with up to date security and daisy chain it off your LAN.

    On Thursday, December 5, 2019, 2:17:25 PM MST, Gene Heskett
<ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
 On Thursday 05 December 2019 15:01:25 Bruce Layne wrote:

> I'd use a USB WiFi dongle for the software upgrades or any other
> internet access, and use the ethernet port to control the 7i96.

That would work, except I've a neighbor that bought some sort of a
cracker for his phone that can deduce any passwd I set on my wifi's,
takes him about 30 seconds to crack the best phrase or a 4096 bit key,
then he uses 80 gigs a month of my bandwidth. The cap is much higher
than that, but it sure makes my network slow when hes hogging all my
bandwidth. So I put up with the cat6 all over the place and the wifi is
only turned on when my boys are visiting.