On 1/20/20 11:55 PM, Rafael Skodlar wrote:
> That's fine. You can experiment with software/HW any way you want. I
> was pointing out what makes sense and what not. You can try running
> X-windows over PPP connection through 56k modem over the phone line if
> you want.
>
> I would rather "experiment" with headless CNC machine located in EU
> from  my GUI front-end on Linux workstation in CA. Modern bandwidth
> would allow for video from a camera mounted above CNC machine.
>
> - headless LinuxCNC core with USB for keyboard and simple text display
> needed for basic OS installation, configuration, or troubleshooting
> - GUI fronted for machine operator; platform independent (i386, Arm)
> - API for special additions and future development

How will the CNC machine operator at the remote location with the GUI
(many miles/kilometers away from the machine) handle loading the
material and unloading the parts from the machine? How will they handle
issues with chatter, worn or broken tools, etc etc?

Is this for some sort of fully automated manufacturing plant in the future?

What exactly are the problems that need solutions or that you want to solve?