On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 16:36:19 +0100
andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 at 16:11, N <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:>
> >
> > Looking closer on chuck and slit, to long and wrong shape. Neither of them
> > fit with tool changer. I tried ISO40 (DIN2080) so now is the question if I
> > should try BT40 (JIS B6339) or SK40 (DIN69871) or both.
>

> There is a risk of damaging the petal clamp if a pull-stud of the wrong
> angle is used. I think you need to take the washer stack and petal clamp
> out see what you have.

Tried to figure out but failed and tried anyway. There are small oily marks not
scratching the metal, from the edge a bit inwards so I guess angle is correct.

> But one alternative might be to form modelling clay around a stick on the
> end of a holder with no pull stud, to see what shape it pushes the clay in
> to.

Tried with wheat dough but replaced salt in receipt with oil as I think machine
oil is better for machine than salt due to corrision, did not get it to work.
Tried to grip the end of a cable and that did not work either, could see no
marks at all.

> (And then when the clay gets stuck in the petals you have no choice but to
> strip it all down for inspection)
>
> It might be easy. On my home-made drawbar the entire thing just lifts out:
> https://youtu.be/pxrzJ_KfcQ0?t=23

Removed from top, there is some kind of oil cylinder releasing tool but failed
to get further down , a pin sticking out not possible to move, guess there is a
spring somewhere further down.

I tried anyway and think angle is OK. For some reason touch off did not work in
the Y direction in version I had, tool running in air behind part which was
really annoying then I at last get it inside. Tried new version then I got back
to office and there it works in simulation so I am pretty sure touch off will
work once I get back to workshop with an updated version.