> From: andy pugh [mailto:bodge...@gmail.com]
> On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 21:22, Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Is there any advantage to using a bus connected Mesa card like the 6i25 vs
> > using one of the Ethernet-connected cards such as 7i92M or 7i93
>
> PCI might be more reliable. Not so much during runs, but at startup.
> It is quite easy to imagine something changing the network setup of
> your machine, and finding that you just can't get it to run.

No experience with the PCI cards but what I have noticed with my 7i92H is that
after I boot and sign on into Linux it's important that I go and do something
else for a few minutes.   Then come back and click on the icon that runs the
actual LinuxCNC Axis program that uses the HAL file for the 7i92H.

Seems otherwise the Ethernet connection to the 7i92H can't be found for the
first few minutes.

There may well be some parameter that can be set so the 7i92H Ethernet
connection happens faster.

John