> On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 12:47, Nicklas SB Karlsson
> <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I wonder what effect could be had by rate-limiting the PID output to
> > > the motors?
> >
> > Integrator should ideally have anti-windup.
>
> Anti-windup is a little different.
>
> I was actually thinking about experimenting with a limit3 HAL
> component between the PID and the PWM.

Limit3 function is what trajector planner must follow if acceleration is
allowed to change instantly, if jerk could be changed instantly it had to follw
a limit4 function. These limitations have an impact on then trajectory planner
need to slow down to hit point or follow points exactly. Then there is a
question about what is fast enough considered instant + other imperfections.

In doubt Limit3 function is useful in between PID and PWM.

A lead lag filter may be useful. Derivative D use to be noisy or very noisy so
what where is a need to filter out high frequencies, average rate of change.
Anti windup only make a difference then signal is limited, in practice it might
this only happen if maximum speed is set a little bit high for g0 move.

Nicklas SB Karlsson