Actually I was wondering more about Fusion360 per year.  If it's $50/month then
that's $600 per year and that's still less than I'm paying for the combination
of AlibreCAD and 4 axis AlibreCAM (MecSoft).

But, all I lose if I stop paying is upgrades and support.  The licence for the
two PCs (only one runs at a time) is indefinite.  So if I decided to stop
paying I can continue to use it until the PCs die.  Then transferring it will
probably require a new license.  That's what I liked about the USB dongles.
They were plugged into a USB to Ethernet device and although I was still
restricted to one unit active at a time I didn't need to move the dongles
around.

I worry that Fusion360, will lock up your files if you stop paying.

John