I just looked it up.   Your prices are still accurate but there is a $1,300
per year maintenance and support fee also.  So you pay $4k or $8K up front
one-time.   Then maintenance and support for as long as you continue to use
the software.

For the intended user base this reasonable.   It adds less then 1% cost and
improves productivity by far more then 1%

Or compare the cost of Solidworks to the cost of a full size CNC machine.
The $8K cost is "in the noise".

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 10:18 AM Eric Keller <keller...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Last time I checked, many years ago now, solidworks without simulations was
> $4k.  They have sometimes not offered that split and it was $8k with the
> simulations.  I feel like it hasn't gotten cheaper. Anyone have a recent
> price?
> Eric Keller
> Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
>
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 1:13 PM John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > From: N [mailto:nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com]
> > > Watchout, if they discover you use it for anything commercial maybe
> they
> > come and want the full fee.
> >
> > What's the fee for small usage?  The key change they've made is the
> > inability to export step or iges files to other CAD systems.  You have
> > until January to save all your drawings in that format.
> >
> > But how much per year does a license really cost?  Or to put it in a much
> > more eloquent currency, how many bottles of good Scotch do you have to
> give
> > up per year for it?
> >
> > John Dammeyer

Chris Albertson