Hi Andy,

On 11/8/20 3:04 PM, andy pugh wrote:
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 at 21:59, R C <cjv...@gmail.com> wrote:

I found that one,  the "search speed" in stepconf.  (I shouldn't use
that  I heard, since it resets other stuff, but playing with it for now.)
You can carry on using stepconf unless or until you start hand-editing
HAL and INI.

Does Stepconf let you set the HOME_SEQUENCE? It's about 10 years since
I last had cause to use it.

Phill pointed out to me that it was in the ini file and I could uncomment them so I could try homing each axis  individually for now.

There seem to be different options, in step conf that is, and since I want to home the X axis I thought I either need;

- 'Home X'

or

- 'Maximum Limit + Home X'   ?

when I home the X axis (with either option) ,  from a "random position"  (where the cross slide was left  before I turned everything off for example)   It goes towards home,  hits the switch, reverses and backs off (slowly) a little and then reverses again and  'crashes' into the switch/Z-axis.  (if it wouldn't do the latter it'd be perfect.)

thanks,

Ron