I favor the Touchy interface. You will need jog buttons and any other
button that could possibly cause machine motion. Touchy was written to not
allow machine motion from the touchscreen.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 8:07 PM John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

> I have an older wired Pendant like this one.
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Mach3-Pendant-Handwheel-Mac-Mach/dp/B00SH0V1P8
>
> I waffle back and forth between keyboard operations and the pendant.   I'm
> not sure how useful the touch screen would be relative to a pendant and
> keyboard.  At some point typing in G-Code end up being done.
>
> Would the common operations that are on the touch screen be any more
> difficult if instead there was a panel of buttons right beside the screen?
> Like the jog buttons or is it easiest right on the display?
>
> John
>

> > From: ken.stra...@gmail.com [mailto:ken.stra...@gmail.com]
> >
> > I've been using this with PathPilot since 2015:
> > https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004C4WTJA/
> > No problems.
>

> > From: Gerrit Visser <gerr...@psgv.ca>
> >
> > I bought this last month for use with Pathpilot. Works great. Resistive
> > touch so not sensitive to wet fingers.
> > https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B083WF327D
> > CA$250 plus HST
>

> > From: John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>
>

> > If I wanted to set up a Pi4 with LinuxCNC and a touch screen is there any
> > particular one that jumps out as the best solution?
> >
> > And with an LCD display/touch screen other than 'axis' what is a more
> usable
> > screen?
> >
> > Thanks
> > John

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.