What about a custom draw bar with an Andy Pugh style air cylinder release?
Seems simpler to engineer the mechanism than do all this control. Just have a
drawbar that’s normally retracted with a flange. Engage the flange with a
mechanism on an air cylinder to release.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZWQvq-X7DQ

I think you could probably adapt the idea without the need to make your own air
cylinder, but the idea is sound.  No need to invent pull studs or pull stud
fingers either. Just thread the other end of the draw bar into the collet.
Preferably with some Loctite or a similar solution.

Matt